This week Image Comics had some interesting news, so lets kick off our weekly recap.
First up is a story that we were made aware of after we published our recap last week.
Image Comics revealed thirteen of their sixteen variant covers coming this December. All proceeds from the sales of the the variant issues will go to one of my favorite charities in the comic book world. Hero Initiative will be the recipient for the proceeds of the titles that include art from such notable creators as Howard Chaykin, Jeff Lemire, Ryan Browne, and more.
Next up is the news that three former Top Cow Talent Hunt winners will join forces for AREX IX: DARKNESS. The one shot from writer Brendan Hodgdon and artist Balazs Valyogos, along with cover artist Sara Knaepen will be released on December 12th.
IMAGE COMICS TEAMS WITH HERO INITIATIVE NON-PROFIT FOR LINE OF VARIANTS TO SUPPORT COMIC BOOK CREATORS IN MEDICAL & FINANCIAL NEED
PORTLAND, OR, 10/26/2018 — Image Comics is pleased to reveal the first thirteen variants in a line of sixteen covers to support the Hero Initiative non-profit, which helps fund comic book creators in medical and financial need. One hundred percent of the proceeds raised by these Hero Initiative variant covers will go toward supporting the non-profit.
Series featuring Hero Initiative variant covers will highlight the artistic contributions of: Andrei Bressan and Adriano Lucas, Ryan Browne, Andy Suriano, Howard Chaykin, Ray Fawkes, Manda Schank, Jacopo Camagni, Danny Luckert, Marcelo Costa, Benjamin Roman, Raffaele Ienco, Dennis Culver, Lee Garbett, Brandon Graham, John McCrea, and Jeff Lemire.
Available in stores on Wednesday, December 5th (Final order cutoff deadline Monday, November 12th):
- THE LAST SIEGE #7 by Landry Q. Walker & Justin Greenwood, Cover B by Andy Suriano, Diamond Code: OCT180214
- THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #40 by Kieron Gillen & Jamie McKelvie, Cover C by Ray Fawkes, Diamond Code: OCT180266
- BLACKBIRD #3 by Sam Humphries & Jen Bartel, Cover C by Manda Schank, Diamond Code: OCT180150
- UNNATURAL #5 by Mirka Andolfo, Cover C by Jacopo Camagni, Diamond Code: AUG188294
- SELF/MADE #1 by Mat Groom & Eduardo Ferigato, Cover B by Marcelo Costa, Diamond Code: AUG189168
- THE FREEZE #1 by Dan Wickline & Phillip Sevy, Cover B by Raffaele Ienco, Diamond Code: AUG189170
- DEAD RABBIT #3 by Gerry Duggan & John McCrea, Cover C by McCrea, Diamond Code: AUG189174
Available in stores on Wednesday, December 12th (Final order cutoff deadline Monday, November 19th):
- BIRTHRIGHT #34 by Joshua Williamson, Andrei Bressan & Adriano Lucas, Cover B by Bressan & Lucas, Diamond Code: OCT180143
- HEY KIDS! COMICS! #5 by Howard Chaykin, Cover B by Chaykin, Diamond Code: OCT180204
- AUNTIE AGATHA’S HOME FOR WAYWARD RABBITS by Keith Giffen & Benjamin Roman, Cover B by Roman, Diamond Code: AUG189169
- SKYWARD #9 by Joe Henderson & Lee Garbett, Cover B by Garbett, Diamond Code: AUG189172
Available in stores on Wednesday, December 19th (Final order cutoff deadline Monday, November 26th):
- CURSE WORDS #19 by Charles Soule & Ryan Browne, Cover C by Browne, Diamond Code: OCT180174
- REGRESSION #14 by Cullen Bunn & Danny Luckert, Cover B by Luckert, Diamond Code AUG188295
- BURNOUTS #4 by by Dennis Culver & Geoffo, Cover C by Culver, Diamond Code: AUG189171
- GIDEON FALLS #9 by Jeff Lemire & Andrea Sorrentino, Cover C by Lemire, Diamond Code: AUG189175
- RUMBLE #10 by John Arcudi & David Rubín, Cover C by Brandon Graham, Diamond Code: AUG189173
TOP COW TALENT HUNT WINNERS UNLEASHED ON ARES IX: DARKNESS ONE-SHOT THIS DECEMBER
|PORTLAND, OR, 10/29/2018 — Writer Brendan Hodgdon, artist Balazs Valyogos, and cover artist Sara Knaepen—all Top Cow Talent Hunt winners—will release ARES IX: DARKNESS, an all-new one-shot, this December.|
In ARES IX: DARKNESS, readers will witness the untold chapter of a demigod’s story. After the Ascension of the IXs, Ares finds himself drawn to a mysterious catacomb. What he finds there will redefine his past, his future, and the entire IXth Generation.
“I’m thrilled to have my first comic book published by Top Cow and to be able to contribute to this exciting universe,” said Hodgdon. “And I’m honored to have Balazs as my collaborator on this issue! Here’s hoping the audience enjoys reading ARES IX: DARKNESS as much as we enjoyed making it!”
ARES IX: DARKNESS (Diamond code: OCT180046) hits comic book stores on Wednesday, December 12th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, November 19th.
ARES IX: DARKNESS will also be available for purchase across many digital platforms, including the official Image Comics iOS app, Amazon Kindle, Apple Books, comiXology, and Google Play.