MONDO ANNOUNCES FIRST WAVE OF SAN DIEGO COMIC CON EXCLUSIVES – WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT SOUNDTRACK ON VINYL & COLLECTIBLE PINS
Mondo returns to San Diego Comic-Con (July 17 – 21) and is excited to announce the first of their SDCC exclusives – WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT Soundtrack (available on vinyl for the first time in 30 years!) on “The Dip” colored vinyl, WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT Collectible Pins, and a stunning new vinyl release for the BLADE RUNNER 2049 Soundtrack. These SDCC-exclusives will be available at the Mondo booth (#435) beginning Wednesday, 7/17 (SDCC Preview Night) while the pins and Webstore editions of the soundtracks and will go on sale at mondotees.com at a later date along with any remaining copies of the SDCC exclusive editions.
WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT Soundtrack
Mondo, in partnership with Walt Disney Records, is proud to present Alan Silvestri’s soundtrack to the film Who Framed Roger Rabbit, available on vinyl for the first time in 30 years.
To this day Roger Rabbit is still considered a landmark achievement in filmmaking, seamlessly combining 2D animation and live action, with a clever take on the interior lives of the world’s most beloved cartoon characters.
Following their previous successful collaboration with Robert Zemeckis on Back to the Future, Alan Silvestri’s score is one of his most ambitious, an inspired genre blend, bouncing from pot-boiling noir, to the madcap zaniness of a cartoon serial, to the songs and standards of the 1940’s.
- Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP
- Music by Alan Silvestri
- Artwork by Stan & Vince
- SDCC Exclusive Pressed on 180 Gram “The Dip” Colored Vinyl (Limited to 1,000 Copies)
- Webstore edition pressed on 180 Gram Neon Pink with White Splatter
WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT Collectible Pins
- Roger Rabbit by Craig Drake
- 1.2″ high soft enamel pin designed by Craig Drake. Single-post on dyed black metal with rubber clutch backing.
- Jessica Rabbit by Craig Drake
- 1.15″ high soft enamel pin designed by Craig Drake. Single-post on dyed black metal with rubber clutch backing.
BLADE RUNNER 2049 Soundtrack
Hans Zimmer and Benjamin Wallfisch, alongside Producers Michael Hodges, Ashley Culp and Kayla Morrison, were given the near-impossible task of scoring the sequel to one of the greatest and most beloved science fiction films of all time. The original Blade Runner had an incredible score by Vangelis that has gone on to be one of the most iconic pieces of music in film history, so it’s to their credit that they absolutely knock it out the park with 2049.
What they do with the music in 2049 is astonishing, you totally feel like you are in the same universe as the original film but you also realize that things have changed. There are hints at the past but also strange beautiful new sounds to explore and get lost in. This score is a little more downbeat than the original. It’s expansive, dreamy yet forceful and propulsive when it needs to be. The sonics throughout are incredible and it really feels like you are wandering strange neon-lit alleyways with no clue where you are. It’s a truly beautiful (and beguiling) listen and captures real human emotion alongside more artificial replicant soundscapes.
Blade Runner 2049 features Viktor Kalvachev’s art with a Spot Varnish Cover and layout by Chris Bilheimer.
- Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP
- Music by Hans Zimmer and Benjamin Walfisch
- Produced by Michael Hodges, Ashley Culp and Kayla Morrison
- Artwork by Viktor Kalvachev
- SDCC Exclusive Pressed on 2X 180g Clear with White and Blue mix, Opaque Orange colored vinyl (Limited to 500 Copies)
- Webstore edition pressed on 2X 180 Gram Teal and Pink colored vinyl
Visit the Mondo official site & social handles for more information:
- Website: MondoTees.com
- Twitter: Twitter.com/MondoNews
- Facebook: Facebook.com/MondoTees
- Instagram: Instagram.com/MondoNews
Mondo is an expanding enterprise with a passionate love of film, art, music and pop culture, best known for creating limited-edition posters, vinyl soundtracks, premium collectables and games. Based in Austin, Texas, the team collaborates with an international network of talented artists and creators to produce the highest quality products inspired by licensed properties and original IPs. Over the last decade, Mondo has partnered with leading entertainment brands including DC Comics, HBO, Marvel, Paramount Pictures, Sony, Universal Studios, Walt Disney Studios and Warner Brothers, along with dozens of independent studios and filmmakers from around the world. Find out more at mondotees.com.