In a few short years, Tony B. Kim (aka, The Blogger Formerly Known As Crazy4ComicCon) has grown his Hero Within brand into the envy of the geek couture landscape; producing some truly incredible clothing for the more discerning nerd clotheshorse.
By aligning themselves with some of the biggest brands and IP’s out there, while still maintaining the company core aesthetic of being able to wear the clothes comfortably in the company of Muggles, Hero Within are one of the prestige lines to be found on the San Diego Comic-Con Exhibition Floor.
Helps, of course, when you can produce some pretty sweet exclusive products as well, including for this year, a tech jacket adorned with the logos and branding of San Diego Comic-Con itself – perfect for its 50th Anniversary.
That jacket has been unveiled already, as part of Comic-Con International‘s Exclusive Portal – but that’s not all they’re bringing to the show, oh no. With Anniversary tees and hoodies for DC Comics‘ Batman and Spider-Man respectively, a ladies sweater for the Marvel Studios Captain America fans out there and also a cool STAR TREK logo shirt (a personal pet project for uber-fan Tony), this are some truly amazing gear, available only on their stand (#2047) – well worth checking out!
From the Hero Within press release:
“San Diego Comic-Con has finally arrived! This is the biggest show of the year for us and are excited to not only launch new merchandise but to interact with you all. It’s been a crazy year for Hero Within; filled with many ups and many downs. However, Comic-Con is a chance for us to regroup, reset and kick off a new year. We have a busy show so here are a few things you need to know for Hero Within.”
We will be in the same booth (#2047) as last year. Located near the middle of the floor right next to Sideshow Collectibles. For the first time ever, we’ll be offering 5 Exclusives. They will be offered each days in limited quantities starting on Preview Night:
- Official San Diego Comic-Con 50th Anniversary Tech Hoodie
- Marvel 80th Anniversary Spider-Man Hoodie
- Batman 80th Anniversary Logo Tee
- Captain America Endgame Ladies Sweater
- Star Trek Logo Shirt
We are celebrating our new partnership with CBS and Star Trek! You can read about its significance here. Engage!
- Our Fashioning Foster Auction returns. Our designer, Samantha Salazar designed an amazing new piece for a worthy cause. Read more about it and how you can bid.
- We’ll be on the DC Comics Booth stage (4545) on Friday 2:30 and Saturday at 3:00. Join us for a fun interactive game, prizes and to hear why we do what we do.
- Tony is hosting the Build A Geek Brand Panel will be Friday (12p) at the Marriott Marquis (Grand 10). We have a great panel of professionals so you won’t want to miss it. Check all the details on the graphic below.
- We’ll be doing giveaways on Twitter all week long. Make sure to follow @HeroWithinInc
As Tony shared in his most recent blog post, Comic-Con holds a special meaning in our hearts. It’s where our dream was born, our company launched and it’s where we have grown. Most importantly, it’s where we have a chance to meet you all. Your support and patronage have made us the company we are today. We have a long way to go and there are many challenges ahead, but we know we can accomplish anything because of you. See you at the show!