In addition, Alex Donoghue (Humanoids COO, U.S. Operations and co-editor of the 2023 Eisner Award-nominated The Deluxe Gimenez: The Fourth Power & The Starr Conspiracy) will be hosting FRENCH COMICS AMA at the ALA GNCRT booth on June 24th titled from 4:30-5PM.
They will also be debuting their 2023 ALA-Exclusive tote bag at the conference along with making a lot of their titles available at their booth (#1326).
Full press release is below with further details on what you can expect from them at the conference.
Renowned Publisher HUMANOIDS Attends 2023 ALA Annual Conference
Visit HUMANOIDS at BOOTH #1326 For An Exclusive Worldwide Debut & New Merch in June 2023
LOS ANGELES, CA (June 12, 2023) – Internationally renowned publisher Humanoids announced today their presence at the 2023 ALA Annual Conference in Chicago, Illinois from June 22-27, 2023. Readers and fans can find Humanoids at Booth #1326 with exclusive releases from their critically acclaimed imprints and a special guest appearance from writer Stephanie Phillips for the exclusive worldwide debut of her upcoming graphic novel EIGHT LIMBS.
Attendees will have an opportunity to speak one-on-one with the writer behind one of the most anticipated graphic novels of July 2023:
- Writer Stephanie Phillips will be signing her new graphic novel EIGHT LIMBS at 12PM on Saturday, June 24, 2023. Fans who attend the signing will receive an exclusive bookplate.
Stephanie Phillips is an American writer known for comics and graphic novels such as Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, Grim, and We Only Kill Each Other. She has written critically acclaimed work with some of the industry’s major publishers, such as DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, Image Comics, BOOM! Studios, and more.
- Humanoids COO, U.S. Operations, Alex Donoghue will also host a FRENCH COMICS AMA at the ALA GNCRT booth from 4:30-5PM on Saturday, June 24, 2023.
Alex Donoghue was born in Paris, France and moved to the US in his teens. He first joined Humanoids in 2009 as Director of Operations, and now oversees all day-to-day operations for Humanoids’ LA office, in addition to being actively involved in its film & media developments as COO, U.S. Operations. He is also co-editor of the 2023 Eisner Award-nominated The Deluxe Gimenez: The Fourth Power & The Starr Conspiracy.
Humanoids will debut a brand new 2023 ALA-Exclusive tote bag featuring the Black Cat Social Club, as well as making available an array of new releases and global bestsellers ranging in genre from science-fiction, fantasy and thriller to comedy, adventure and children’s tales, including but not limited to:
Worldwide bestselling classics that inspired generations of creatives & visionaries:
- THE INCAL by Alejandro Jodorowsky & Mœbius
- BARBARELLA by Jean-Claude Forest & Kelly Sue DeConnick
2023 Eisner Award-nominated graphic novels that are breaking the boundaries of storytelling:
- THE INCAL: PSYCHOVERSE by Mark Russell, Yanick Paquette, Dave McCaig
- TIKI: A VERY RUFF YEAR by David Azencot, Fred LeClerc, Lucie Firoud, & Nanette McGuinness
Epic, sweeping space adventures that’ll have readers gripping their seats in anticipation:
- THE INCAL: DYING STAR by Dan Watters, Jon Davis-Hunt, & Troy Peteri
- PROJECT ARKA: INTO THE DARK UNKNOWN by Romain Benassaya, Joan Urgell, & Mark Bence
Complex & absorbing slice-of-life fiction, alongside compelling non-fiction from acclaimed imprint Life Drawn:
- LUISA: NOW AND THEN by Carole Maurel & Mariko Tamaki
- LUGOSI: THE RISE AND FALL OF HOLLYWOOD’S DRACULA by Koren Shadmi
Life-changing graphic novels from the beloved all ages imprint BiG:
- YOUNG KATHERINE JOHNSON by Augel & Benjamin Croze
- THE OATES & THE ELPHYNE by Michael Walsh, Dee Cunniffe, & Clayton Cowles
- SHY NINJA by Ricardo Sanchez, Arianna Florean & Adara Sanchez
The highly acclaimed publishing house was founded by legendary French creators Jean Giraud (known as Mœbius), Philippe Druillet, and Jean-Pierre Dionnet in 1974, and will celebrate its 50th anniversary next year.
For continuing news on Humanoids, visit www.humanoids.com and follow @HumanoidsInc on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
HUMANOIDS is a global entertainment media company dedicated to bringing to life innovative and elevated content with stunning visuals. Grounded by a fiercely independent spirit, the company is passionate about creating content that explores the power of art beyond boundaries, while focusing on the imaginative depth of fandom. Headquartered in Los Angeles and led by CEO Fabrice Giger and Group COO Matthieu Coppet, HUMANOIDS is a major content provider in the expansive entertainment industry, recognized for its multi-genre catalogue — from science-fiction, fantasy and thriller to comedy, adventure and children’s tales. Above all else, creators have always been the heart of HUMANOIDS as it continues to attract leading talents as collaborators and true auteurs of the iconic brand.